Our Talent Development Program offers young academics, curators and practiced based researchers the opportunity to work with/under the supervision of our team of researchers, to conduct research on the NMVW’s collections, or to pursue professional training within our museums on issues related to curatorship, collections care, registration and documentation.
Interns work closely with our research and collections team and have access to our internationally renowned collections of almost one million objects and photos. They will participate in the ongoing projects of our research staff, which vary from collections documentation research and research for future exhibitions, to international collaborative research projects on different themes.
Students currently registered in a relevant MA or advanced bachelors progamme can apply for an internship, and must work together with one of our staff.
All interns are required to support both the research and programming activities of the RCMC staff and contribute to organizing RCMC events.
- be registered as a MA student or PhD researcher throughout the internship period (in exceptional circumstances we accept advanced Bachelors students)
- be able to work independently
- have an excellent command of Dutch and/or English, both orally and in written form
- be enthusiastic and able to take initiative
- be a team player
- have an affinity for museums, art and culture
Note: We do not offer funding for interns.
- Fall term runs from September–December. Application deadline: May 1
- Winter term runs from January–April. Application deadline: October 15
- While we encourage applicants to stick to the application deadlines, we welcome exceptional proposals throughout the year. Response times will vary depending on our activities
We encourage applications for either three-month (one term) or six-month (one semester) periods.
Interested in an internship at the RCMC? Please send us your cover letter and cv in Dutch or English via firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter you need to specify your interest in the program, your area(s) of research interest and the period of time you are available.