While we do not offer funding for Research Associates, we provide a stimulating environment for research and exchange, which includes access the some of the resources offered by the Center, including but not limited to: access to our collections data management systems, access to the museums library/archives; access to our team of curators and researchers. Associates are appointed for 1 year with the possibility of extension (based on performance). Research Associates can also apply for all of the fellowships that we offer at the RCMC.
Scholars or professionals (with PhD or equivalent) who have considerable experience within their respective fields, with or without a permanent institutional affiliation, doing innovate work on ethnographic collections, who would benefit from working with the team of the RCMC/NMWV.
- Associates are expected to contribute to the intellectual life of the RCMC; this includes at least one presentation of their work to the research staff or broader RCMC audience
- All information generated about the collection should be entered into the museum database
- Associates should make accessible to the RCMC any publications resulting from their work at the Center
- Associates should work closely with a specific curator and collection
- Language requirement: Dutch and/or English
We accept applications for Research Associates at any time. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Research Associate’ in the subject line. Applications must include a cv and a brief research proposal. The proposal should not exceed 500 words, and should indicate the following:
- what the research is about (research question, methodology, theoretical framing)
- why the RCMC is the appropriate or ideal place to carry it out (why this research center and/or why these collections)
- the curator/collection you want to work with/on
- project planning and timeline
- planned output
Note: Research Associate positions are subject to the approval of the relevant curators. We therefore advise you to contact the curator in advance.