In order to stimulate new ways of exploring the NMVW’s collections, the RCMC offers several Research Fellowships, and Research Associate positions for junior and senior scholars, makers and practice-based researchers who have projects that coincide with the revolving research themes of the Center. The programme is intended to stimulate new engagements with the NMVW’s collections, while advancing the research agendas of both the museum and the Fellows/Associates. While we are interested in generating new research knowledge and methods on the collections, we also seek to uncover and engage the gaps and lesser known histories of our own archives, connecting NMVW collections with other archives and stories in illuminating and critical ways.
The RCMC also offers an Internship programme for students to foster interest in the study, preservation and dissemination of information on ethnographic and world cultures collections.
- Access to our world-renowned collections
- A stimulating, intellectual work environment
- A research network
- Access to the Library/Documentation Centre
- Access to the RCMC programming and the general programme of the museum
- A workspace (for resident fellows/associates/interns)